Thanks to LocalCouponHub!
This Lucky Baldwin District Website
is sponsored by:
Lucky Baldwin Raingutter Regatta - 1/20/2018
Lucky Baldwin District Recognition Dinner - 1/26/2018
Lucky Baldwin District Awards
LUCKY BALDWIN DISTRICT RECOGNITION DINNER - JANUARY 26, 2018
Sign up Now! To All Packs, Troops, and Venturing Crews:
The honor of your presence is requested at the 2018 Lucky Baldwin Recognition Dinner.
Join us for an evening full of fun as we recognize our unit and district stars for their outstanding achievements and service to our Scouts and their families throughout the Lucky Baldwin District.
1. District Award of Merit - Nomination Form
Available to registered Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. 2. Baden Powell Award (Scoutmaster & Cubmaster of the Year) - Nomination Form
The Baden Powell Award is presented to a registered Cubmaster and Scoutmaster with exceptional character within our District for distinguished service to youth within our Scouting Units. The Baden Powell Award recognizes performing exemplary unit service as indicated by activities, registration, community impact, training and other significant criteria. They continue to show outstanding guidance to the Scouts in their Pack or Troop and are an example of Scouting leadership. 3. Committee Chair of the Year (Pack, Troop, Crew) - Nomination Form Pack, Troop, and Crew
This person oversees the running of the Unit. Conducts regular committee meetings, prepares agendas and leads the meeting for the benefit of the unit. Approves expenditures & Advancement nominations. Makes sure the Re-Charter is submitted in a timely fashion. Presides over Blue & Gold Ceremonies and is responsible for the well-being of the Unit. 4. Commissioner of the Year
5. Andy Anderson Memorial Trophy (Troop) - Nomination Form
6. Superstar Nominations - Nomination Form
2018 Winter Camp Dates for Boy Scouts & Venturers - Hubert Eaton SR
2018 Winter Camp Dates for Cub Scouts - Hubert Eaton SR
2018 Council Annual Dinner - 1/31/2018
Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award Contest - Due 1/21/2018
EAGLE SCOUT SERVICE PROJECT OF THE YEAR AWARD CONTEST
The Greater Los Angeles Area Council's Eagle Scout Association is seeking applications from the Council's Eagle Scout Class of 2017 for the Glenn A. and Melinda W. Adams National Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award.
The National Eagle Scout Association established the Glenn A. and Melinda W. Adams National Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award to recognize valuable service of an exceptional nature by an Eagle Scout to a religious institution, school, community or other entity. The award recognizes the Scout for his Eagle Scout service project, one of the requirements for earning the rank of Eagle Scout.
The Levels of Award
Each year, local councils select a council-level winner. From the council winners, each region selects region-level winner. The national winner is then selected from the four regional finalists and the award is presented at the BSA Annual Meeting. The GLAAC winner is also recognized at an ESA Eagle Scout event and on the
National Eagle Scout Association website.
Who can earn this Award?
Eagle Scouts in the GLAAC Eagle Scout Class of 2017 based on their
Eagle Scout service projects.
How to Apply for This Award
An Eagle Scout, his parents, or any registered BSA volunteer (with the Eagle Scout's permission) may submit the Eagle Scout's service project for consideration by submitting an nomination form to the GLAAC ESA Committee.
to download the form.
All nominations must be received by the GLAAC NESA Committee
on or before January 21, 2018
Outstanding Eagle Scout Award - Due 1/31/2018
The GLAAC Eagle Scout Association Chapter is currently accepting nominations for the National Eagle Scout Association Outstanding Eagle Scout Award (NOESA).
The NOESA is a prestigious recognition granted by the local council's NESA committee to Eagle Scouts who have demonstrated outstanding achievement at the local, state, or regional level. The NOESA recognizes Eagle Scouts whose efforts have made a positive impact on the local, state, or regional level through their participation in scouting, community groups, and/or their professions.
The GLAAC ESA Chapter's nominees must either be registered with or have their primary residence within the boundaries of GLAAC. Please see the award application and accompanying instructions linked to here http://nesa.org/PDF/542-057_WB.pdf for further information and eligibility requirements.
Completed NOESA applications should be emailed to: Rose Bowl District Executive Cicily Gardea at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by Wednesday, January 31, 2018 to be considered.
24th World Scout Jamboree - Jul. 22 - Aug. 2, 2019
H.A.T. High Adventure Training
SIGN-UP FOR TRAINING NOW!
Check availability here
Mar. 3 Scoutmaster Position Specific
Mar. 10 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
Sept. 22 Scoutmaster Position Specific
Oct. 6-7 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
2018 GLAAC Camp Cards - Place Your Unit Orders Now!
God and Family for Grades 4-5 Religious Emblem
I am happy to announce a schedule of classes for the Religious Emblem programs in Scouting. You might know these as "God and Country" awards. Scouting organizations invite denominations and faith groups to create their own religious emblem award programs for children and youth who are a part of their faith communities. United Methodists and many other Protestant denominations, as well as non-denominational churches use the programs created by the Programs of Religious Activities with Youth (P.R.A.Y.) I like to offer the classes to kids in the church and in the community, whether they are in scouting organizations or not.
P.R.A.Y. has four age-level programs. The classes range from 4 to 7 weeks in length. The workbooks for the programs are available at praypub.org.
I have decided that I will just go through the program in order, meeting Monday nights at 6 PM
God & Me (Grades 1-3) November 27, December 4,11, and 18
God & Family (Grades 4-5) January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5 and 12
God & Church (Grades 6-8) March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 9, 16, and 23
God & Life (Grades 9-12) May 7, 14, 21, 28
I have attached a brochure on the program and a flyer for the God & Me class. Please feel free to share this information!
George C. Hooper
Lead Pastor, Church of the Good Shepherd, United Methodist
400 West Duarte Road, Arcadia CA 91007
Cub Scout Monthly Pack Meeting Plans
2018 Summer Resident Camp at Camp Cherry Valley
2018 Summer Camp at Camp Big Horn at HESR
GLAAC Camps Hiring Scouting Youths Now for Summer Camps
GLAAC Camps are hiring Scouting Youths *now* for the 2018 summer session!
Camp Cherry Valley: 30% of positions are filled with returning staff and received applications. The remaining 55% positions include commissioners, shooting sports director, waterfront director, program director and a camp director.
Hubert Eaton Scout Reservation: 60% positions are filled with returning staff, with more applications in hand. The remaining 25% of positions include commissioners, outdoor skills director, shooting sports director
Camp Trask: Trask will run Trail to Eagle, Cub Day Camp, NYLT, and BSA Lifeguard this summer. Volunteer positions remain, include nature skills, outdoor skills and lifeguards. Even den chiefs can apply to help lead cub day camp. Contact Bonnie McAlister (email@example.com) to connect your den chiefs with this opportunity.
Council seasonal staff application - Apply Now!
2018 Lucky Baldwin Camporee - April 20-22, 2018
2018 Southern California Commissioner College - 3/17/2018
2018 Southern California Commissioner College
This year’s Southern California commissioner college program features a complement of new leadership skills seminars from Scouting’s exciting commissioner education syllabus, featuring the same great degree programs!!
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Location: Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies
18605 Erwin Street, Reseda, CA 91335
Time: 7:00 A.M. check in -- Training from 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM.
Click Here to Register
Join us in our efforts to support the
Lucky Baldwin District
Click here to go to the
Lucky Baldwin District
FOS Donation Page!
We thank all our donors
that have contributed generously
to our FOS Campaign
Welcome to the Lucky Baldwin District
Lucky Baldwin District proudly serving the communities of:
Arcadia, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bradbury, Duarte, El Monte, Irwindale, Monrovia, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre and Temple City.
The youth of our communities
may only be 30% of the population
but they are 100% of our future.
For just $25 a month,
you can make an impact
on the future.
Make a donation today at
- Jan. 12 - District Award Submission Deadline
- Jan. 13 - Pinewood Derby Champ Camp, 10 AM to 3 PM, Smiser Scout Center, Pasadena
- Jan. 13 - H.A.T. Cross Country Skii Field Experience
- Jan. 13-14 - Winter Camp for Boy Scouts & Venturers, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Jan. 15 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Jan. 15 - God and Family Religious Emblem Class for Grades 4 & 5, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Jan. 20 - H.A.T. Snow & Ice Travel Field Experience
- Jan. 20 - Lucky Baldwin Raingutter Regatta, 9 AM to 4 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd Parking Lot, Arcadia
- Jan. 20-21 - Winter Camp for Cub Scout Families, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Jan. 22 - God and Family Religious Emblem Class for Grades 4 & 5, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Jan. 26 - Lucky Baldwin District Dinner, 6:30 PM, Elks Lodge, San Gabriel
- Jan. 27 - H.A.T. Snow Shoeing Field Experience
- Jan. 27-28 - Winter Camp for Cub Scouts Families, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Jan. 29 - God and Family Religious Emblem Class for Grades 4 & 5, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Jan. 31 - 2018 Council Annual Dinner, 6:30 PM, Quiet Cannon, Montebello
- Feb. 5 - God and Family Religious Emblem Class for Grades 4 & 5, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Feb. 9 - Distinguished Eagle Scout Award Honoring Dr. Glen Ault, 6 PM, California Club, Downtown Los Angeles
- Feb. 10-11 - Winter Camp for Cub Scout Families, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Feb. 10-11 - H.A.T. Winter Camping & Travel Field Experience
- Feb. 12 - God and Family Religious Emblem Class for Grades 4 & 5, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Feb. 16 -Chinese Lunar New Year Day
- Feb. 17-18 - Winter Camp for Boy Scouts & Venturers, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Feb. 23-25 - H.A.T. Adult Leaders Backpack Training Seminar, Cabrillo Beach Youth Center, San Pedro
- Feb. 24-25 - Winter Camp for Boy Scouts & Venturers, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Mar. 3 - H.A.T. Scout Backpack Training Seminar, TBA
- Mar. 3-4 - Winter Camp for Cub Scout Families, Camp Pollock, Hubert Eaton SR
- Mar. 5 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Mar. 10-11 - H.A.T. Scout Backpack Training Field Experience, TBA
- Mar. 11 - Daylight Saving Time Starts
- Mar. 12 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Mar. 16-18 - H.A.T. B.S.A. Level I Climbing Instructor Course, TBA
- Mar. 17 - 2018 Southern California Commissioner College, 7 AM to 4:15 PM, Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies, Reseda
- Mar. 19 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Mar. 26 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Arcadia
- Mar. 30 - Good Friday
- Apr. 1 - Easter Sunday
- Apr. 7-8 - H.A.T. Wilderness & Remote First Aid, Cushman-Watt Scout Center, Los Angeles
- Apr. 9 - H.A.T. Rock Climbing & Rope Use/Rescue Training Seminar, Cushman-Watt Scout Center, Los Angeles
- Apr. 9 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Apr. 14 - CA Trails Day/Trail Boss, TBA
- Apr. 16 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Graes 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- Apr. 20-22 - Lucky Baldwin District Camporee, Marshall Canyon Regional Park, La Verne
- Apr. 21-22 - H.A.T. B.S.A. Level II Climbing Instructor Training Course, TBA
- Apr. 23 - God and Church Religious Emblem Class for Grades 6-9, 6 PM, Church of the Good Shepherd, Jordan Hall, Arcadia
- May 5 - H.A.T. Trail Boss (Advanced), TBA
- May 13 - Mother's Day
- May 28 - Memorial Day
- June 14 - Flag Day
- June 17 - Father's Day
- July 4 - Independence Day
- Sept. 3 - Labor Day
- Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
- Nov. 22 - Thanksgiving Day
- Dec. 25 - Christmas Day
- Jul. 22-Aug. 2, 2019 -24th World Scout Jamboree