Everyone is well aware of the fact that a cup of coffee in the morning helps to cheer up and get a boost of energy. However, not everyone knows that coffee can be useful not only as a drink but also as a crumbly product, it can benefit the skin due to the presence in its composition of numerous antioxidants.
Coffee consumed as a drink inside has a positive impact on human health, while coffee in the form of powder can be used for external use in order to give the skin a healthier and fresher look.
Read about all the benefits of coffee for the skin in this article.
What is the benefit of coffee for the skin?
You can get the most out of coffee for your skin under certain conditions and ways of using it. The following are examples to help you understand exactly how to use this product for a profit:
- Cellulite reduction. Coffee copes with this task due to the high content of caffeine. It is this component that helps to expand blood vessels and improve blood circulation. This undoubtedly helps to effectively fight cellulite. In this case, the most effective is a coffee scrub, as it has an excellent exfoliating effect and helps to give the skin a smoother appearance.
- Calming effect. It is known that the use of coffee as a drink stimulates the production of energy and vigour. However, the use of this product not inside the body, but outside has a calming effect on the skin.
- Fight against age-related changes. The use of masks and scrubs, prepared on the basis of coffee, helps to avoid the appearance of age spots, wrinkles and redness. The effectiveness of coffee in the fight against skin ageing has been clinically proven.
- Reduce the risk of skin cancer. Roasted coffee beans contain a large amount of vitamin B3, which has an excellent effect in the fight against skin cancer and various skin tumours.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. Coffee has a high anti-inflammatory effect on the body due to its content of chlorogenic acid and melanoidins, which also help to avoid the appearance of age spots as a result of inflammatory processes.
- Treatment and prevention of acne. The presence in the composition of coffee numerous substances that have a natural antibacterial effect, as well as its high exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties help to effectively treat and prevent acne on the skin.
- Prevent the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. This effect is achieved due to the presence of caffeine in the product, which promotes the expansion of blood vessels. As a result, blood circulation improves and dark circles do not appear under the eyes.
A method for the proper preparation of a face mask from coffee
You can apply your imagination or find information on the Internet in order to prepare a face mask with coffee. However, remember that the main thing is not to mix coffee with comedogenic products to avoid clogging pores. Below is an example of making a simple but effective coffee-based facial mask:
- Mix in a container the coffee grounds and olive oil in a 1:1 ratio.
- The resulting mixture is applied to the face, gently massaging it.
- Keep the mask on your face for 15 to 60 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
Repeat this procedure at least 3 times a week to achieve excellent results.